Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, South Washington Coast
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:24 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... Flood Watch in effect from 10 PM PST this evening through
Sunday afternoon for portions of northwest Oregon and southwest
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of northwest Oregon and southwest
Washington... including the following areas... in northwest
Oregon... central Willamette Valley... Coast Range of northwest
Oregon... greater Portland Metro area... lower Columbia... north
Oregon coast and northern Oregon Cascade foothills. In
southwest Washington... Greater Vancouver area... I-5 corridor
in Cowlitz County... South Washington Cascade foothills... South
Washington coast and Willapa Hills.
* From 10 PM PST this evening through Sunday afternoon
* rainfall totals of 1 to 3 inches this afternoon through Sunday
morning will cause sharp rises on some rivers and creeks.
* Minor flooding is possible along some rivers and creeks draining
the Willapa Hills... the north Oregon Coast Range... and the north
Oregon Cascades. Rivers of greatest concern include the Grays
River near Rosburg in southwest Washington... the lower Nehalem
river at Foss in the north Oregon Coast Range... and the
Clackamas river at Estacada. Minor flooding is also possible
along creeks and in low areas of the north and central
Willamette Valley and southwest Washington interior. Urban areas
that might be affected include Portland... Salem... Vancouver...
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People... structures and roads located below steep slopes... in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be at serious risk
from rapidly moving landslides.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The next update for this watch will be issued by 1130 PM PST.
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 10:02 AM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on March 09, 2014
... High wind watch upgraded to a High Wind Warning... in effect
until 10 PM PST this evening for the South Washington coast...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect until 10 PM PST this evening. The
high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Winds: coastal communities... south winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 55 mph. Beaches and headlands... south winds 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 60 mph.
* Timing: this afternoon and evening.
* Locations include: Raymond... Long Beach... Cape Disappointment.
* Impacts: the winds may cause local tree damage and result in
local power disruptions. Travel may be difficult... especially
for high profile vehicles.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:17 PM PST on March 08, 2014
... Rainfall totals for the past 12 hours as of 5 PM Saturday...
Location sorted by County amount time/date lat/Lon
1 WNW Jewell 0.90 0400 PM 03/08 45.94n/123.53w
Tidewater 0.70 0414 PM 03/08 46.01n/123.56w
1 WSW Astoria 0.67 0500 PM 03/08 46.18n/123.84w
Knappa 0.65 0500 PM 03/08 46.17n/123.58w
seaside 0.61 0400 PM 03/08 45.99n/123.92w
Cannon Beach 0.60 0411 PM 03/08 45.89n/123.96w
Yachats 0.55 0459 PM 03/08 44.31n/124.10w
1 SSW Lees Camp 1.20 0408 PM 03/08 45.59n/123.52w
Lees Camp 1.10 0400 PM 03/08 45.59n/123.52w
South Fork 1.08 0412 PM 03/08 45.60n/123.48w
Tillamook 0.99 0412 PM 03/08 45.46n/123.80w
2 E Oceanside 0.66 0457 PM 03/08 45.47n/123.92w
2 WNW Longview 0.98 0500 PM 03/08 46.15n/122.98w
Abernathy mtn 0.93 0401 PM 03/08 46.35n/123.10w
1 WSW Yale 0.71 0459 PM 03/08 46.00n/122.40w
Elk Rock 0.60 0401 PM 03/08 46.31n/122.39w
Cougar 0.55 0458 PM 03/08 46.06n/122.29w
Rock Creek 1.16 0430 PM 03/08 46.53n/123.40w
Huckleberry Ridge 1.04 0411 PM 03/08 46.50n/123.38w
Brooklyn 0.99 0430 PM 03/08 46.73n/123.55w
1 ENE Long Beach 0.56 0406 PM 03/08 46.36n/124.03w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement