Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Lower Columbia Basin of Washington
Statement as of 7:16 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT Saturday...
* high temperatures... 102 to 107.
* Timing... the hottest times of the day will be from noon until 7
PM. Temperatures at night will not cool off that much and will
remain at least in the mid to upper 60s to lower 70s.
* Impacts... the potential exists for heat exhaustion and heat
stroke due to the hot temperatures. Do not leave your children
or pets in a hot car. Do not over exert yourself outdoors
during the hottest times of the day.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot daytime temperatures and warm
overnight low temperatures will combine to create a situation in
which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay
in an air-conditioned room... stay out of the sun... and check up
on relatives and neighbors.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 8:53 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2015
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM PDT Saturday
for very hot and dry conditions for fire weather zones or640...
wa641... or642... and wa643...
* affected area... or/wa639... or640... wa641... or642... and wa643.
* Timing... hot and dry conditions will continue through Saturday.
* Wind... winds will be out of the west will range from 4 to 8 mph
* Humidity... 8 to 11 percent.
* Haines... 6.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Corner creek... West Fork... and Blue Creek fire should be
prepared for extreme fire behavior. Outdoor burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 5:24 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement