Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, East Slopes Northern Cascades
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 12:25 PM PST on March 08, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for rain and melting snow
Chelan County in north central Washington...
* until 400 PM PDT Sunday
* rain will increase in intensity... with as much as one to two
inches of rain expected... mainly closer to the Cascade crest.
The soil over much of Chelan County still remains saturated and
may contribute to rapid runoff.
* Expect minor Road closers from mudslides and rocks falls...
in addition to runoff damage from dry drainages and overland flow.
From recent flooding... several ditches have been damaged in the
upper reaches of the Wenatchee river as well as
Cashmere... Leavenworth and plain. Lake Wenatchee and Stehekin will
also be under this same flood threat.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water on country roads and
farmland along the banks of creeks and streams.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
In hilly terrain there are hundreds of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to travel across
flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of
swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 4804 12116 4808 12101 4817 12093 4832 12108
4846 12107 4856 12085 4851 12080 4853 12066
4832 12058 4822 12036 4815 12035 4803 12012
4774 12029 4727 12042 4742 12091 4764 12115
4771 12109 4778 12113 4782 12109 4788 12118
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report