Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, East Slopes of the Washington Cascades
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:04 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 21, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 10 PM PST this
evening for western Kittitas County...
The Winter Weather Advisory for western Kittitas County is now in
effect until 10 PM PST this evening.
* Snow accumulations: total of 2 to 9 inches. The highest
accumulations will be near the Cascade crest and above 2500
* Timing: light snow will continue into the evening. Snow levels
will gradually rise this evening changing the precipitation
below 3000 feet to rain by late evening.
* Locations include: Cle Elum... Easton
* winds: local wind gusts may cause drifting snow near the
* Impacts: snow accumulating on roadways will cause hazardous
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow is occurring or is
expected to develop and accumulate. Travel may be hazardous...
especially on bridges... overpasses... and secondary roads.
Motorists are urged to use extreme caution... and slow down to
adjust for rapidly changing driving conditions and reduced
visibilities. For additional weather information... check our web
site at www.Weather.Gov/Pendleton.
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:26 PM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 3:43 AM EST on December 23, 2014
1208 PM PST Sat Dec 20 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday afternoon...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Oregon and Washington... including the following
areas... in Oregon... central Oregon... East Columbia river gorge
of Oregon... east slopes of the Oregon Cascades and north central
Oregon. In Washington... east slopes of the Washington Cascades and
Simcoe Highlands. In Washington... eastern Columbia River gorge
of Washington... Kittitas Valley and Yakima Valley.
* Through Monday afternoon
* moderate to heavy rainfall along the Cascades will lead to
rising creeks... streams and rivers. Precipitation amounts of 3
to 5 inches are expected along the Oregon Cascade crest with 2
to 3 inches of precipitation along the Washington Cascade
crest. Snow levels will rise to over 6000 feet by Sunday
afternoon over Oregon with snow levels near 4500 feet for the
east slopes of the Washington Cascades
* small creeks and streams will start to rise late tonight with
the larger rivers seeing substantial rises on Sunday. The ground
has been saturated by previous storms over the past week and
most of the rain is expected to runoff into streams and creeks.
Most of the large river are not expected to flood... but the
small creeks and streams could see minor flooding... especially
Sunday as moderate rain and snow melt are expected to occur.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor the latest forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
The Flood Watch continues for
the Naches River near Naches
* until late Monday night.
* At 10:15 am Saturday the stage was 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.8 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by early Monday morning.
* The river is forecast to reach a stage of 17.6 feet by
Monday morning. This is based on forecast precipitation amounts
and may be revised upward.
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement