Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Monday morning...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through Monday morning.
* Summary and timing... snowfall will move into western Wyoming
Saturday evening... and may become heavy on Sunday across the
area before weakening on Monday morning.
* Snow accumulations... the valley locations may see 6 to 10 inches
of snowfall with this system with the higher accumulations
expected across the northern portion of the Jackson Valley.
Mountain locations could see 12 to 16 inches... with locally
higher amounts up to 24 inches.
* Wind and visibility... wind will be strongest over the higher
elevations... and may impact mountain passes with west wind of
25 to 35 mph with gusts over 50 mph. Even the lower elevations
will see southwest wind increasing to 15 to 25 mph on Sunday
with gusts to 35 mph in open areas. The wind and snowfall will
limit the visibility to under one half mile at times.
* Impacts... the combination of snowfall and wind over the higher
elevations would have an adverse impact on travelers across
the area. Significant snowfall across the valleys will create
hazardous driving conditions due to snow packed roadways.
Remember... a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable
for hazardous winter weather in and close to the watch area.
The latest Road conditions provided by the Wyoming Department of
Transportation are available by calling 5-1-1 or on the internet
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory