Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:30 PM MDT on August 29, 2015
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect until 8 PM MDT Sunday for gusty
winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 259...
297 and 298...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has extended the red
flag warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity... which is
now in effect until 8 PM MDT Sunday.
* Affected area... fire weather zones 259... 297 and 298.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Impacts... wildfires can spread rapidly in the very dry fuels.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning