Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, Sheridan Foothills
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on March 29, 2015
... High wind watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening...
* impacts... strong winds will result in dangerous travel
conditions for light weight and high profile vehicles. Minor
property damage could also occur.
* Timing... strongest winds will likely occur Saturday afternoon
into early Saturday evening.
* Winds... sustained west winds 30 to 40 mph with some gusts
around 60 mph.
Wind of this magnitude can cause property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use caution
until the winds subside... or choose alternate travel routes.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 12:45 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on March 28, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Saturday below
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a red flag
warning below 7000 feet... which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT
* Impacts: low humidities... unseasonably warm temperatures...
strong gusty winds... and wind shift with a cold front will
create erratic fire behavior.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zone... .274.
In south central Mt fire zones... 123... 124... 125... 126... 127
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in central Mt... Golden Valley... Musselshell... Wheatland.
In north central WY... Sheridan.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... park... Stillwater
Sweet Grass... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
In southwest Mt... Gallatin.
* Cold front: a strong cold will push across the region Saturday
afternoon into early evening.
* Wind: west 25 to 35 mph. Gusts 45 to 60 mph.
* Humidity: 13 to 22 percent.
* Temperatures: 65 to 75.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Statement as of 1:50 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Billings Mt...
a record high temperature of 75 degrees was set at Billings Mt
today. This breaks the old record of 74 set in 1946.
- Alabama - Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Fire Weather Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch, Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Warning, Hard Freeze Watch
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Virginia - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report