Current Watches and Warnings
Wyoming, South Laramie Range
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:40 PM MDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am MDT
* timing... through early Saturday morning.
* Additional snow accumulations... 5 to 10 inches. Highest
amounts will be over the southern Laramie range.
* Winds/visibility... north to northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts to
30 mph. Visibilities will be reduced to less than three quarters
of a mile at times.
* Impacts... roads may be slick and snow covered. Be especially
cautious in the morning as wet and slushy roads could freeze
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 5:42 PM MDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 1:15 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
... The Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory remains in effect until
1115 PM MDT for south central Laramie County...
At 539 PM MDT... the public reported Urban and Small Stream flooding
along Dry Creek near Cleveland Avenue in northeastern Cheyenne due
to a combination of snow melt and moderate rain fall.
Additional rainfall of up to a quarter inch tonight combined with
continued snow melt is expected over the area. This additional rain
will make minor flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause elevated levels on
small creeks and streams... and ponding of water in urban areas...
highways... streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage
areas and low lying spots.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
A Flood Advisory means stream flows are elevated or ponding of water
in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 4111 10461 4114 10487 4120 10492 4123 10462
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Tornado Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory